- URGENT! Update your Apple Device Immediately!
- Email Scam - WhatsApp Voicemail Message
- Is Your WIFI Safe?
- Phone Scam: "We've found a problem on your computer."
- Obama Asks FCC to classify Internet as Public Utility
- Apple releases Bash update to plug Shellshock security flaw
- iPhone 6 Bendgate: Overblown according to Consumer Reports
- Google takes one step closer to becoming Big Brother
How To Use iPhone's Medical ID feature - ICE
A fairly unknown feature with the iPhone's Health app can possibly save your life one day. It is the Medical ID, often referred to as In Case of Emergency (ICE).
Use Medical ID to save your important health information. Medical ID helps first responders access your critical medical information from the Lock screen, without needing your passcode.
Set up your Medical ID
To make your important health information accessible in case of an emergency, you can set up your Medical ID in the Health app on your iPhone.
Create your Medical ID:
- Open Health and tap Medical ID > Edit.
- Enter your emergency contacts and health information like your birth date, height, and blood type.
- Turn on Show When Locked to make your Medical ID available from the Lock screen. In an emergency, this gives people who want to help some important information, like the emergency contacts that you've entered.
- When you're finished, tap Done.
Make an emergency call and access Medical ID
If an iPhone has a Medical ID, you can view emergency medical information on the device or make an emergency call. To view the Medical ID, open the Health app and tap Medical ID. If the iPhone is locked, follow these steps:
Sign up to be an organ donor
In the United States, you can sign up to be an organ donor in the Health app under Medical ID. Follow these steps:
- Open Health and tap Medical ID.
- Under Organ Donation, tap Sign Up with Donate Life.
- Fill out the registration form, then tap Continue at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm your registration, then tap Complete Registration with Donate Life.
You can edit your information with Donate Life at any time. Just open the Health app, tap Medical ID, and tap Edit under Organ Donation Registry. To withdraw your registration, scroll to the bottom of the Edit screen and tap Remove Me.