- URGENT! Update your Apple Device Immediately!
- Email Scam - WhatsApp Voicemail Message
- Is Your WIFI Safe?
- Phone Scam: "We've found a problem on your computer."
- Obama Asks FCC to classify Internet as Public Utility
- Apple releases Bash update to plug Shellshock security flaw
- iPhone 6 Bendgate: Overblown according to Consumer Reports
- Google takes one step closer to becoming Big Brother
Is Your WIFI Safe?
Are you being watched through your own webcam or a baby monitor?
It has been recently reported that webcam hackers are watching British families in their homes and they are streaming the live footage on a Russian website. This is not just happening in England. Right here in Montreal you can drive down almost any street and find at least one home or business wifi network that is not secure. It can take only a few minutes to break inside your network.
The use of wifi has exploded around the world, and with it, the vulnerability of people anxious to take advantage of this convenience. Unfortunately, too many people seem to ignore the possibility of unscrupulous hackers gaining access to their privacy and vital information. The good news is that simple precautions and modifications can give you the security and peace of mind you deserve.
As more and more people work from home or travel for their job, with their data hungry devices, the demand for wifi has exploded. The majority of these wifi networks are setup by non professionals - dads, grandparents and office workers who have purchased inexpensive routers that have been dumbed down to work right out of the box. What this means is that little or no attention was paid to the proper configuration to protect their network. This leaves you extremely susceptible to hackers.
Wifi hotspots (free or not) in cafes, airports and hotels are not any better. In fact they can be worse. It is like a buffet for a hacker. He or she can sit down with the right equipent and software, and anonymously intercept all of your data. You may say to yourself, "I don't really care. I have nothing important in my email." It is not the email they want, it is the usename and password. The majority of people use the same email and password for all of their online life.
Your privacy and security are important. TechnoMinds in Montreal will help you secure your network and teach you how to be safer in public wifi settings.
- Analyse and secure your home and business wifi network
- Scan for and remove malware on your computers
- Show you how to safely use public wifi
- Show you how to manage all of your passwords
Contact TechnoMinds, the Montreal technolgy experts. We will keep you safe.